Compliance with our equality duty (PSED)
Equality Act 2010 - Analysis
1. How do we eliminate discrimination (and other prohibited conduct)?
2. How do we advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected
characteristic and people who do not share it?
3. How do we foster good relations across all characteristics between people who share a
protected characteristic and people who do not share it?
Our equality objectives 2017 – 2021
1. Physical access to the school and facilities within the school:
Our vision: Golders Hill School will be fully accessible to children, staff, parents or visitors
with a physical disability.
Our action plan: We will achieve this by refurbishing our facilities at 678-680 with building
work commencing in July 2017.
2. Understanding how to respect the views of others without always agreeing with them:
Our vision: Golders Hill School will be a place where children and adults feel that they can
share their beliefs and opinions without fear of victimisation or discrimination.
Our action plan: We will use Quality Circle Time to create an ethos of free speech without ridicule. We will equip the children with age-appropriate vocabulary and phrases needed to express their disagreement without giving offence or being hurtful.
3. To increase understanding between religious groups, sexes, races and other diverse communities.
Our vision: Golders Hill School will have strong procedures in place and strong leadership to promote fairness, equality and respect for diversity.
Our action plan: