Welcome to Golders Hill School
Golders Hill School was founded in 1908 and is situated in the leafy suburb of Golders Green. We are based at 678/680 Finchley Road. We are a co-educational Pre-Preparatory School in Golders Green, North West London.
The school aims to provide a happy, secure and rich learning environment for children aged 12 months to 7 years. We have a highly qualified team of staff who fill the children's day with a wealth of activities, encouraging each to develop their individual talents and abilities. The school’s ethos is that happiness is essential to the acquisition of knowledge and that learning should always be fun.
We believe in developing each child at his or her own pace, while at the same time expecting high standards in preparation for sitting their 4+, 5+ or 7+ exams to go onto the Preparatory Schools in and around London.
The school’s aims are to provide:
- a sensitive consideration to a multi-ethnic mix of children; where we respect and tolerate people regardless of their
- faith, beliefs or characteristics;
- to provide a warm, caring environment through play and, when the child is ready, through formal work;
- to be an extension of home and to teach trust;
- to encourage mutual respect and social skills;
- to have a positive approach to school life;
- to teach fundamental British Values;
- to have a happy and safe environment; and
- spirituality and worship in a non-denominational setting
We encourage an independent and confident approach to learning which allows children to think for themselves and to take responsibility for their own behaviour. This prepares them for the opportunities and responsibilities of life in British society.
A variety of methods are used for teaching and learning to stimulate curiosity and creativity as well as helping the children to acquire solid knowledge of the core curriculum. As a non-selective school, our broad and balanced curriculum is differentiated to meet individual needs and it includes personal, social, health and economic education at age appropriate levels.
We believe at Golders Hill that early literacy and numeracy are very important and together with the traditional academic subjects form the core curriculum.
I am very happy to offer all prospective parents a tour of our school.
A T Eglash